Creating a user¶
Data model objects: safes, users, servers, accounts and listeners are replicated within the cluster and object instances must not be added on each node. In case the replication mechanism fails to copy objects to other nodes, contact technical support department.
- Select > .
- Click .
Wheel Fudo PAM enables creating users based on the existing definitions. Click desired user to access its configuration parameters and clickto create a new object based on the selected definition.
- Enter a unique user login.
The Login field is not case sensitive.
- Select the Blocked option to prevent user from accessing servers and resources monitored by Wheel Fudo PAM.
- Define account’s validity period.
- Select user’s role, which will determine the access rights.
Access rights restrictions also apply to API interface access.
|service||Accessing SNMP information.|
- Select user’s preferred language in Wheel Fudo PAM administration panel.
- Grant access to safes.
Drag and drop safe objects to change the order in safes are processed upon establishing connection.
SSH_safe implies that the Reveal password option is disabled.
RDP_safe implies, that the Reveal password option is enabled.
- Define time access policy.
- Click desired safe object.
- Select Enable time policy option.
- Click the weekly calendar to define time interval.
- Click .
- Enter user’s full name.
- Enter user’s email address.
- Enter user’s organizational unit.
- Enter user’s phone number.
- Provide user’s Active Directory domain.
- Enter LDAP service BaseDN parameter.
- LDAP base is necessary for authenticating the user using the Active Directory service.
- E.g. for
example.comdomain, the LDAP base parameter value should be
- In the Permissions section, select users allowed to manage this user object.
- In the Authentication section, select authentication type.
External authenticaitonfrom the Type drop-down list.
- Select external authentication source from the External authentication source drop-down list.
Refer to External authentication topic for more information on external authentication sources.
Passwordfrom the Type drop-down list.
- Type password in the Password field.
- Repeat password in the Repeat password field.
SSH keyfrom the Type drop-down list.
- Click i icon and browse the file system to find the public SSH key used for verifying user’s identity.
One-time passwords are used for implementing AAPM use case scenarios.
One-time passwordfrom the Type drop-down list.
- Click to define more authentication methods.
When processing user authentication requests, Wheel Fudo PAM verifies login credentials against defined authentication methods in order in which those methods have been defined.
- Click .