Hard drive replacement¶
In default configuration, Wheel Fudo PAM’s storage array comprises 12 hard drives in RAIDZ2 configuration running ZFS file system allowing the system to remain fully operational in case of a failure of two hard drives.
Replacing a hard drive
- Move the front bezel release latch to the left and take the front bezel off.
- Push the hard drive tray lever release button and pull the lever to take out the tray from the chassis.
- Unscrew the screws securing the hard drive and take out the hard drive from the tray.
- Install replacement hard drive in the tray and secure it with the screws.
- Install the hard drive tray back in the server.
Wheel Fudo PAM will automatically detect the change in the storage array state and will start rebuilding the data structure. The duration of the array rebuilding process depends on the volume of data stored on the server.